10 Jun 2007

site refresh

a somewhat long overdue refresh had been sitting on my hard drive for the last month or so. i finally spent some time to get it all working on my blog.

here's the original site:


here's the new site:


the sidebar makes a re-appearence, but only on the front page. the individual blog post pages are still sidebar free. i made some tweaks to the commenting system and the site search. i know that the page is broken for IE7 users, but i really haven't figured out why since it works fine on safari and firefox.

[update: turns out the problem in IE7 is because the page was missing the DOCTYPE declaration and hence IE7 was using quirks mode rather than standards mode to render the page. more information on quirksmode.org]

You can reply to me about this on Twitter: